Leland H. Rosenblum, MD Cataract, Glaucoma and Oculoplastics Surgeon
Leland H. Rosenblum, M.D., has been in private practice on the Monterey Peninsula since 1994 with Monterey Bay Eye Center and with Monterey County Eye Associates since 1998. A native of San Francisco, Dr. Rosenblum graduated magna cum laude from Brown University. He is a graduate of the University of California San Francisco Medical School, where he is also an assistant clinical professor at Natividad Medical Center. He received his specialty training in ophthalmology at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. He was voted the Monterey Peninsula's best ophthalmologist from 2008-2010, and 2012-2020 by The Carmel Pine Cone.
Dr. Rosenblum is a diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and served on the Board of Directors for the California Academy of Ophthalmology. His clinical interests include small incision cataract surgery, with advanced technology lenses, pterygium surgery, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy care, refractive surgery, dry eye care and oculoplastics (eyelid) surgery. He was the first ophthalmologist in Monterey County to implant the ReSTOR® intraocular lens, the Panoptix® trifocal intraocular lens, the Symfony ® intraocular lens, and the Vivity ® intraocular lens.
Dr. Rosenblum's past and current teaching appointments and professional honors and affiliations include:
- Best Ophthalmologist in Monterey County 2008-2010, and 2012-2020
- Past Chairman of Department of Ophthalmology at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (2011-12, 2015-16, and 2019-20)
- Vice chairman (2021) and previous Vice Chairman of Department of Ophthalmology at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (2013-14 and 2017-18)
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1995 to present
- Assistant Clinical professor, Natividad Medical Center 2001-present
- Assistant Clinical Professor, California Pacific Department of Ophthalmology 1996-2002
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology 1996 to present
- California Academy of Ophthalmology, 1995 to present (previous member of Board of Directors and current member of Legislative Affairs committee