Eric J. Del Piero, MD Retina and Vitreous Specialist
Eric J. Del Piero, M.D., is a fellowship-trained retina and vitreous specialist and is certified as such by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Born and raised in Monterey County, he is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University and the George Washington University School of Medicine. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the University of California, Irvine and his fellowship training in San Francisco at the California Pacific Medical Center.
Dr. Del Piero is a University of California, San Francisco clinical instructor at Natividad Medical Center and was the recipient of the American Academy of Ophthalmology's Achievement Award in 1999. He has been in private practice as an ophthalmologist in Monterey since July of 1985 and with Monterey County Eye Associates since July of 1998. He is Past President of the Monterey County Medical Society and served on the Board of Trustees of the California Medical Association, representing Monterey, King City, and San Benito Counties.
Dr. Del Piero’s professional honors, affiliations and appointments include:
- Monterey County Physician of the Year, 2007
- President, Monterey County Medical Society, 1997-1998 and 2001-2002
- Board of Trustees, California Medical Association, 1998-2005
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1986-present
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology, 1986-present
- California Pacific Vision Foundation Award
- American Academy of Family Practice Award
- LEO Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Del Piero, our expert on retinal diseases, sees patients at his office in Monterey, at Monterey County Eye Associates and at another satellite location in Hollister. Dr. Del Piero was named Monterey County Physician of the year for 2006 and 2007 by his peers, the members of the Monterey County Medical Society.